Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Nostalgia

The last time I experienced such feelings were when i was in Bali? strolling along the streets at night. I never expected to experience such feelings back in Penang.

Walking aimlessly at night with a bunch of chestnuts in hand, beads of sweat soak through my shirt only to be dried by a strong yet gentle night breeze. A feeling of calmness overcomes me, I feel safe, happy and curious. Curious about this quaint little town, about the winding streets and old fashioned hotels. The darkness intrigues me, I just want to keep walking.

Trishaws are aplenty, a few elderly men sit smoking, staring aimlessly ahead, people devour steaming hot bowls of pork intestine porridge by the dusty roads. A motorbike zooms by, everything seems so surreal, I feel as if i am in another era, another sense of time.

Stumbling across a musty and dusty bookshop, i crouch among the tottering shelves searching for that one book to purchase, beads of perspiration form along my hairline but i am not about to give up. the crumpled cover and yellowed pages catch my eye, voila! I've found the one i was looking for.

The night is beautiful. peaceful. wonderful.

Being a tourist on home soil isn't so bad after all. =)

Love is found only at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment